what is food contact material?
Access to safe and nutritious food has always been of paramount importance to consumers around the world. However, changes in the practice of food preparation and consumption indicate food packaging and food contact materials also have a major contribution to the goal on providing safe and nutritious food to consumers. As a result, food packaging and food contact materials are subject to regulations in most major markets. These regulations ensure that packaging and materials which come in direct contact with food are not a source of harmful contaminants, and that they provide adequate protection against microorganisms, pests and other forms of contamination.
food contact material testing certification provides your organisation with multiple benefits:
- Mitigate risk - by minimizing quality and safety issue with independent testing.
- Save time and money - TÜV SÜD is a one-stop solutions provider that can serve your company’s need.
- Shorten time to market - with the help of our sophisticated infrastructure and advance knowledge of regulations.
- Enhanced quality and productivity - TÜV SÜD works with you along the entire product development lifecycle to ensure compliance to national and international standards.
- Inspire confidence - by ensuring your products and processes comply with national and international standards, you inspire greater confidence in your buyer.
how can we help you?
TÜV SÜD offers extensive testing and certification for a range of food contact materials including:
- Cutlery and dishes
- Materials and articles in contact with water for human consumption
- Packaging materials
- Processing machines
why choose TÜV SÜD?
TÜV SÜD performs a complete range of food grade tests and identification tests on most types of food contact materials. We can also conduct compositional analyses, microbiological tests, toxicology assessments, ingredient reviews, packaging adhesive tests, raw material tests, environmental impact tests, transportation simulation and migration testing.
In addition to our testing services, TÜV SÜD can certify food contact materials to industry standards approved by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), such as those of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) and FSSC 22000. We can also provide mandatory and voluntary inspection and auditing services to assure compliance with applicable regulations or procurement requirements.