UAE: Implementing guidelines for the regulation of audio/video and IT/office equipment
NOVEMBER 2019 - ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS
In October 2019, Emirates Authority for Standardisation and Metrology (ESMA) issued a document providing guiding principles for the regulation of audio/video and IT/office equipment categorised under the Low Voltage Equipment Regulation in the United Arab Emirates.
All products defined within this document shall comply with applicable standard/s and have a valid Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued under ECAS/EQM.
- All products defined within this document shall comply with the IEC 62368-1 standard and have a valid Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued under ECAS/EQM.
- All ECAS/EQM Certificates of Conformity (CoCs) issued under the IEC 60065 and/or IEC 60950-1 will be considered invalid/void.
All audio/video and IT/office equipment categorized as Low Voltage Equipment (LVE) designed to be purchased and used by end-users or consumers for daily and non-commercial/non-professional purposes. It includes all products supplied through both B2B and B2C commercial transactions.
The guide covers standards of IEC 60065, IEC 60950-1 and IEC 62368-1.
The following covers B2B and B2C consumer products of audio/video and office/IT equipment:
- Non-professional stand-alone audio products
- Record players
- Disc players
- Mp3 players
- Speaker systems
- Sound bars (Bluetooth or other similar items)
- Other audio products
- Non-professional stand-alone video playing and recording systems
- VCD, DVD, Blu-ray Players
- Digital still and video cameras
- Game consoles
- Video/Karaoke Multimedia systems
- TV Decoders and Set-top boxes
- Consumer series Desktops and Laptops Computers, All-in-one PCs
- Tablets and palm pilots
- Desktop/computer monitors
- Printers/scanners (i.e. inkjet, laser, etc.) – includes office printers, multi-function printers (MFP), label printers, portable or stand-alone
- Non-professional routers, repeaters
- Touch drawing pads
- Landline phones (corded / cordless)
- External hard drives supplied with an external power supply (i.e. NAS – Network-attached storage, etc.)
The exempted products are:
- Industrial / Commercial / Professional Audio / Video Systems
- Industrial / Commercial / Professional IT equipment
- Large format printers
- Interactive displays or smart boards
- Mobile phones, network and/or IP phones
- Two-way radios
- Keyboards, mouse, trackball / track pad (wired / cordless)
- Stand-alone (plug-in) external hard drives, USB thumb drive, SD cards, etc.
- Spare parts and/or accessories (i.e. lenses & flashes for cameras, ink/ink cartridges for printers, etc.)